This policy addresses:
1. Collection of Personal Information
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, register as a subscriber, complete a survey or questionnaire, request Services, contact customer support by phone, online or through chat, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal and physical address, company trading name and shop name, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for Services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
If, at any time, you provide personal or other information about someone other than yourself, you must have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose for which you provide it to us.
Other non-personal information collected through the use of our Services
When you use our Services as a technician or a customer, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: Specifically related to technicians, when you use our Services we may collect location data from your devices to assist you in the delivery of Services, including but not limited to providing you with details on how to get to a customer, and then providing the customer with details on your approximate arrival time.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between technicians and customers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information from other sources including from advertisers mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners, for example:
- For technicians, if your employer uses our Services to conduct their business, we may receive information about you from your employer
2. The Primary Use of Personal Information
Our primary purposes for collecting the information about you include:
- Providing, maintaining and improving our Services; including to deliver our goods and services, facilitate payment, send invoices and quotes, develop new features, provide customer support, authenticate users, send product and platform updates and administrative messages.
- Performing internal operations; including prevention of the abuse of our Services, to trouble shoot software bugs and operational problems; report statistics, analyse trends, and diagnose problems.
- Sending or facilitating communications; (i) between a customer and a technician, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and us, such as booking confirmations, ETAs, and job progress updates, (iii) to provide you with news and information about our Services that may be of interest to you
We will never sell or rent personal information collected to third parties for marketing purposes.
Once the information is no longer of use to us, and if there is no legal requirement to retain it, all reasonable steps will be taken to either destroy or de-identify the information.
Personal information may only be used or disclosed for the primary purpose for which it was collected. Using it for a secondary purpose is prohibited unless the individual has consented to that secondary purpose; the individual would reasonably expect the disclosure or use for the secondary purpose which is related to the primary use; or the secondary purpose is required or permitted by law
3. Sharing and Disclosures
We may also disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties:
- Engaged to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf; Some of these functions include to deliver goods and services to customers, payment processing (Stripe payment gateway), customer relationship management and email marketing/management (ActiveCampaign), and other Services such as mail-outs, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising.
- Engaged by us as contractors; specifically your technician
- As part of any investigation; in relation to you or your activity which we suspect to be a breach of any of our terms and conditions, serious misconduct or unlawful (including disclosure to the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or as required or permitted by any law or regulation (including the Privacy Act)
Some of these third parties to which we may disclose your personal information may be located in other countries including United States of America, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
4. Opting in and Out
You will be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving communications from us or from third parties that send communications to you in accordance with the Privacy Act and other applicable privacy laws. For example, you will be given the option to unsubscribe to emails or newsletters sent by us.
5. Security and management
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including by means of secure premises, locked cabinets, firewalls, and password access.
However, you acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse, interference or loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure in respect of your personal information where the security of the information is not within our control.
If you suspect any misuse, interference or loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure in respect of your personal information, or any other privacy breach please let us know immediately.
6. Accessing and updating your information
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act and other applicable privacy laws, you may request to access, update or correct the personal information we hold about you. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify the information that you wish to access, update or correct.
Subscribers or members of our websites will generally be able to access, update and correct their membership and contact details online.
We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
If an individual establishes that personal information which mendr holds about him/her is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, BevWizz and mendr will take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
In most cases there will not be any fee to access, update or change your information, however in the case that there are additional charges, you will be notified of the likely cost in advance.
If you wish to access, update or correct any personal information that we hold about you, or if you have any questions or would like to submit a complaint about how we collect, use, disclose, store or otherwise handle your personal information, you can contact us directly at the details below. We will acknowledge your complaint within 30 days and use best endeavours to work with you to resolve your complaint.
Privacy and Compliance
BevWizz and mendr Australia
PO Box 62
Macquarie Park NSW 2133
- Personal Information; information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, regardless of whether it is true or recorded in a material form.
- Sensitive information; personal information regarding an individual’s race, political opinion and affiliations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of professional or trade unions or associations, sexual orientation or criminal record.
- Technician; including but not limited to, a commercial refrigeration or catering equipment technician that conducts business on behalf of mendr for mendr Services requested by BevWizz or mendr customers
- Customer; the company or authorised individual whom has been authorised to request Services on behalf of the BevWizz or mendr
Services; our mobile applications, websites and other online products and Services
“us”, “we” or “our”; BevWizz Pty Ltd including its other trading name mendr
- Disclosure; when information is accessible or visible to others outside our business and subsequent handling of personal information is released from our effective control, for example information is disclosed to the mendr technician so that they are able to complete a Service call placed by a mendr customer
- De-identify or de-identification; personal information is de-identified when then information about an individual is no longer about an identifiable individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable
8. Cookie Statement
Cookies allow your browser to utilise some of the features of our websites. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies, first party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website, to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies. If you reject cookies you will be unable to take advantage of some of the features of our websites. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information, the Privacy Act is not applicable and we may use this information for any lawful purpose.
We generally advise that you do not publish or communicate personal information, or at least limit the personal information that you publish or communicate, to the public via our Services, such as in any forums, blogs or anywhere that user generated content can be uploaded (“Non-Confidential Information”). We cannot control any third party collection or use of your Non-Confidential Information that is publicly available.